Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Test for text boxes

I want to test for a text box ("text box 2"). If it exists delete it if not
do nothing.

I can delete the text box with 'Worksheets("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox
2").Delete' before I print the sheet. However, if the worksheet is reprinted
it comes up with an error because it can't find the text box.

Any suggestions appreciated.
--
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim

You can use the error handler:

On Error Resume Next
Worksheets("Sheet3").TextBoxes("Expense").Delete
On Error GoTo 0

Regards,
Per

"Jim G" skrev i meddelelsen
I want to test for a text box ("text box 2"). If it exists delete it if
not
do nothing.

I can delete the text box with 'Worksheets("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox
2").Delete' before I print the sheet. However, if the worksheet is
reprinted
it comes up with an error because it can't find the text box.

Any suggestions appreciated.
--
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Found = False
For Each bx In ActiveSheet.TextBoxes
If bx.Name = "textbox2" Then
Found = True
Exit For
End If
Next bx

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you know the number of textboxes on the sheet you could alway use
("Expense").TextBoxes.count to see first if it exists.

You could (not advisable) preface the delelete statement with 'on error
resume next'

or you could use :
if isobject(("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox 2")) then
Worksheets("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox 2").Delete
end if

"Jim G" wrote in message
I want to test for a text box ("text box 2"). If it exists delete it if
not
do nothing.

I can delete the text box with 'Worksheets("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox
2").Delete' before I print the sheet. However, if the worksheet is
reprinted
it comes up with an error because it can't find the text box.

Any suggestions appreciated.
--
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use:

On Error Resume Next
Worksheets("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox2").Delete

This will skip over the error caused by trying to delete something that
doesn't exist.

Sam

"Jim G" wrote:

I want to test for a text box ("text box 2"). If it exists delete it if not
do nothing.

I can delete the text box with 'Worksheets("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox
2").Delete' before I print the sheet. However, if the worksheet is reprinted
it comes up with an error because it can't find the text box.

Any suggestions appreciated.
--
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This worked;
If Worksheets("Expense").TextBoxes.Count 0 Then
Worksheets("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox 2").Delete
Else: Exit Sub

I'd tried it before but didn't realise it needed 'Worksheets("Expense").'

'if isobject(("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox 2")) then' didn't work. The
line stayed red no what I did.

Thanks for the help
--
Jim

"Jim G" wrote in message
I want to test for a text box ("text box 2"). If it exists delete it if
not
do nothing.

I can delete the text box with 'Worksheets("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox
2").Delete' before I print the sheet. However, if the worksheet is
reprinted
it comes up with an error because it can't find the text box.

Any suggestions appreciated.
--
Jim

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried this to no avail:
Found = False
For Each bx In ActiveSheet.TextBoxes
If bx.Name = "textbox 2" Then '<<<added the space
Worksheets("Expense").TextBoxes("textbox 2").Delete
Found = True
Exit For
End If
Next bx

What would I be missing?
--
Jim

"joel" wrote:

Found = False
For Each bx In ActiveSheet.TextBoxes
If bx.Name = "textbox2" Then
Found = True
Exit For
End If
Next bx

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=146348

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try this, and please note, that excel does not accept spaces in textbox
names.

Dim found As Boolean
found = False
For Each bx In Worksheets("Expense").Shapes
If bx.Name = "TextBox2" Then
Worksheets("Expense").Shapes("TextBox2").Delete
found = True
Exit For
End If
Next bx