Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filtering in a Data Table

I have commonly used the filter to eliminate items that I want filtered out.
Is there a way to begin with no data showing and add it as you select it?

To include instead of exclude. I am wanting it to show me outlying data
from each column. In order to do that I can't have any column filter
exclusions.

Hope this makes sense?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doug
What is "outlying data"? Provide some examples of what you have to
start with and what you want to end with. HTH Otto
"Doug" wrote in message
I have commonly used the filter to eliminate items that I want filtered
out.
Is there a way to begin with no data showing and add it as you select it?

To include instead of exclude. I am wanting it to show me outlying data
from each column. In order to do that I can't have any column filter
exclusions.

Hope this makes sense?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have mostly blank cells in columns A through G. In these columns I have
data randomly entered into different cells. The problem I am having with
filtering is, I want to filter out rows that don't have something entered in
any one of the columns for A through G. If I filter all rows containing data
in column A, it leaves out data that I may have entered in columns B through
G. I need it to be all inclusive for columns A through G. To only leave out
the rows that there is nothing entered in any of the columns A through G.
--
Thank you!

"Doug" wrote in message
I have commonly used the filter to eliminate items that I want filtered
out.
Is there a way to begin with no data showing and add it as you select it?

To include instead of exclude. I am wanting it to show me outlying data
from each column. In order to do that I can't have any column filter
exclusions.

Hope this makes sense?
--

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doug
Put this formula in H1 and drag it down by the fill handle as far as
your data goes. If the row is blank for A:G, the formula will show "Blank".
If the row is not blank, it will show "Not Blank". You can then filter by
column H. Does that help? HTH Otto
=IF(COUNTA(A1:G1)=0,"Blank","Not Blank")

"Doug" wrote in message
I have commonly used the filter to eliminate items that I want filtered
out.
Is there a way to begin with no data showing and add it as you select
it?

To include instead of exclude. I am wanting it to show me outlying
data
from each column. In order to do that I can't have any column filter
exclusions.

Hope this makes sense?
--

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Would a macro to hide empty rows suffice?

Could you have data in columns right of G?

If so, this macro is not for you.

Sub HideEmptyRows()
LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + _
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For r = LastRow To 1 Step -1
If Application.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 Then
Rows(r).EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next r
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:06:01 -0700, Doug
wrote:

I have mostly blank cells in columns A through G. In these columns I have
data randomly entered into different cells. The problem I am having with
filtering is, I want to filter out rows that don't have something entered in
any one of the columns for A through G. If I filter all rows containing data
in column A, it leaves out data that I may have entered in columns B through
G. I need it to be all inclusive for columns A through G. To only leave out
the rows that there is nothing entered in any of the columns A through G.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you do have data in cells to right of column G

Sub HideEmptyRows22()
lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For r = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If Application.CountA(Range("A" & r & ":G" & r)) = 0 Then
Rows(r).EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next r
End Sub

Based on last row of column A

Gord

wrote:

I have mostly blank cells in columns A through G. In these columns I have
data randomly entered into different cells. The problem I am having with
filtering is, I want to filter out rows that don't have something entered in
any one of the columns for A through G. If I filter all rows containing data
in column A, it leaves out data that I may have entered in columns B through
G. I need it to be all inclusive for columns A through G. To only leave out
the rows that there is nothing entered in any of the columns A through G.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good one Otto.

Gord