Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Doug Doug is offline

Default Filtering in a Data Table

I just noticed that it hides the total bar at the bottom of my table. How can
I specify only rows 3 through 2000 in the filter?
--
Thank you!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If you do have data in cells to right of column G

Sub HideEmptyRows22()
lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For r = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If Application.CountA(Range("A" & r & ":G" & r)) = 0 Then
Rows(r).EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next r
End Sub

Based on last row of column A

Gord

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:08:19 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Would a macro to hide empty rows suffice?

Could you have data in columns right of G?

If so, this macro is not for you.

Sub HideEmptyRows()
LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + _
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For r = LastRow To 1 Step -1
If Application.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 Then
Rows(r).EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next r
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:06:01 -0700, Doug
wrote:

I have mostly blank cells in columns A through G. In these columns I have
data randomly entered into different cells. The problem I am having with
filtering is, I want to filter out rows that don't have something entered in
any one of the columns for A through G. If I filter all rows containing data
in column A, it leaves out data that I may have entered in columns B through
G. I need it to be all inclusive for columns A through G. To only leave out
the rows that there is nothing entered in any of the columns A through G.

.