Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
QB QB is offline

Default Add command to ribbon

I am trying to find a simple example of how-to add a command button to a new
ribbon tab.

Basically.
1. Create new tab
2. Add button and associate it to a macro

And this need to be part of a workbook, not my local pc. So if it is passed
to a colleague it will appear for them as well.

I came across various postings,... that talk about installing software to
edit the ribbon??? Can't this be done using simple vba as with the previous
versions? If I use this software, does that mean it will work for me,
because I have the software, but what happens to my colleagues? Do I have to
get each of them to install the software.

I am lost with 2007. It use to be so simple to create menus (drag and drop
or vba) in 2000 and 2003!!! What is going on?

QB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's kinda complicated to begin with, but once you do it once, you'll find it
very helpful.

Read this and see if it clarifies things.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"QB" wrote:

I am trying to find a simple example of how-to add a command button to a new
ribbon tab.

Basically.
1. Create new tab
2. Add button and associate it to a macro

And this need to be part of a workbook, not my local pc. So if it is passed
to a colleague it will appear for them as well.

I came across various postings,... that talk about installing software to
edit the ribbon??? Can't this be done using simple vba as with the previous
versions? If I use this software, does that mean it will work for me,
because I have the software, but what happens to my colleagues? Do I have to
get each of them to install the software.

I am lost with 2007. It use to be so simple to create menus (drag and drop
or vba) in 2000 and 2003!!! What is going on?

QB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
QB QB is offline

Thank you for the info.

I was really not impressed with the Microsoft crew for once again switching
things up. You know why fix something that wasn't broken!!! The previous
versions permitted easy toolbar customizations, but once I finally checked
out your link and tried things out, I was amazed at how easy it was.

Don't get me wrong, in my humble opinion there are still some truly glaring
issues with the interface and the callback function. But as a whole, I will
adapt.

Thank you once again for getting me on the right path.

QB