Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ribbon command idMso for "Insert Cells"?

Trying to customize Excel 2007's ribbon "Home" tab, "Insert" split button and
menu. I have successfully overridden the "Insert" button on the split button
(command idMso = "CellsInsertSmart"). I have successfully overridden the
"Insert Cells..." button on the split button menu (command idMso =
"CellsInsertDialog").

But, a problem arises when I select an entire row/column and use the split
button menu. The "Insert Cells..." changes to "Insert Cells" and is no
longer recognized by my ribbon customization. I assume that I do not have
the correct idMso.

I have looked at all published resources I can find (e.g., charts from
MSFT), and I cannot find this. It is not "SheetColumnsInsert",
"SheetRowsInsert", or "InsertCellstMenu" (at least they don't work for this
menu option).

Has anyone seen this? Have a solution?
--
John Huschka
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Strange one John

Will test more this evening

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"John Huschka" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated!
--
John Huschka

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Strange one John

Will test more this evening

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John

Can't find anything on this moment

You can disable the whole menu maybe
<command idMso="InsertCellstMenu" enabled = "false" /

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"John Huschka" wrote in message ...
Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated!
--
John Huschka

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Strange one John

Will test more this evening

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you get the same results that I do? That is, are you unable to customize
"Insert Cells"?
--
Thanks!
John Huschka

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi John

Can't find anything on this moment

You can disable the whole menu maybe
<command idMso="InsertCellstMenu" enabled = "false" /

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"John Huschka" wrote in message ...
Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated!
--
John Huschka

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Strange one John

Will test more this evening

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you get the same results that I do?
Yes, I will see if I can get more information about this John

I post back if I know more

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi John

Can't find anything on this moment

You can disable the whole menu maybe
<command idMso="InsertCellstMenu" enabled = "false" /

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"John Huschka" wrote in message ...
Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated!
--
John Huschka

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Strange one John

Will test more this evening

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John Huschka wrote on 06/19/2007 14:11 ET :
[...]

Can you provide the code to override the insert button, i am also looking for
the same for 1 project.

Vikas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps some of Ron de Bruin's examples will be some help.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

--
Garry