Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto Update Second File

I posted this before and didn't get an answer I could use, so I'll try
explaining my problem again to make it more clear as to what I'm trying to
accomplish. I'm an amature at VB code so I need lots of 'hand holding'.

I have 2 computers reading from drive X. Computer1 has File1 which is
constantly being updated throughout the day (18 hours per day). Computer2
has File2 which is to read "Totals" data from File1. I am using formulii in
File2 to get this info. Sample " =X:\Folder\[File1.xls]Totals'!$D$2. " Both
files are open all day.

What I would like to do is have File2 on Computer2 automatically update
throughout the day, without the user having to do anything. (They are just
observing the changes). My first preference would be to have File2
automatically update every 2 or 3 minutes as long as the file is open. Is
there some code I can use to do this?

If Auto Update is not possible, my second choice would be a command button
on File2 called "Update", that the observer could click to activate the
update on File2. What code wold I use for this?

I hope this is more clear than my other posts.
Thanks for your help and your patients.
Doug