Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to auto update a spreadsheet with data from a .xls file?

I am saving a banking statement to a file in xls format and want to be able
ot open the spreadsheet and have the data already loaded. Also, I would like
to keep appending the file that the banking statement is saved to if you have
any ideas on that.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think we need a little more information about your process -

You say you're saving the bank statement to a file in .xls format. Then
when you open that file later, that data should still be there.

I'm actually thinking that you may be well served with a simple manual
process:
get your latest statement information into an Excel workbook,
open your 'permanent' record workbook, then copy from the latest information
and use Paste Special with the [Values] option chosen to paste the latest
information at the end of previous information in the 'permanent' workbook.