Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default BeforeDoubleClick on Protected Sheet

I use BeforeDoubleClick on a number of protected sheets, and it works
perfectly.

I have one particular model which has a protected sheet, the cell being
accessed is unlocked, validation on the cell being double-clicked and it will
only work when the sheet is unprotected.

I have tried placing a breakpoint on the worksheet code, but it doesn't seem
to get called.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's true. You seem to have hit on a quirk. When the sheet's protected it
seems to skip the BeforeDoubleClick and go directly into data validation.
Cells without data validation don't skip the event. I don't know what to
tell you to do to fix it but I've made note of it for my own reference!

"Paul" wrote:

I use BeforeDoubleClick on a number of protected sheets, and it works
perfectly.

I have one particular model which has a protected sheet, the cell being
accessed is unlocked, validation on the cell being double-clicked and it will
only work when the sheet is unprotected.

I have tried placing a breakpoint on the worksheet code, but it doesn't seem
to get called.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My workaround is to remove the Excel data validation, then code my own
validation using Worksheet_Change, then application.INDEX (or match or
vlookup) to look up the entry in the required list. Not very pleasant but
leaves the double click operative !!