Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBIDE helpfile

I am not able to get help for any of the VBIDE objects method & properties
from the VBEditor.

I am always getting a "No results found".

Am I missing a ".chm" file on my laptop ?

On a previous Post, I got the following site to refer to.
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/vbe.aspx

Although there are very good information on this site I'd like to have more
than that.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you using v2007, v2003, or a different version?

If you are using 2007, when the search window is opened, there is a
drop-down on the actual button that says "search". Look in that dropdown;
which item has the checkmark next to it? If you have a web connection, you
should be able to select "All Excel" and get help even if the local help file
is not installed.

HTH,
Keith

"René" wrote:

I am not able to get help for any of the VBIDE objects method & properties
from the VBEditor.

I am always getting a "No results found".

Am I missing a ".chm" file on my laptop ?

On a previous Post, I got the following site to refer to.
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/vbe.aspx

Although there are very good information on this site I'd like to have more
than that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you installed MS Office did you do a typical install or perhaps a
custom install and left out the help files needed?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:53:01 -0700, René
wrote:

I am not able to get help for any of the VBIDE objects method & properties
from the VBEditor.

I am always getting a "No results found".

Am I missing a ".chm" file on my laptop ?

On a previous Post, I got the following site to refer to.
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/vbe.aspx

Although there are very good information on this site I'd like to have more
than that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In 2003 you have a similar option; On my 2003 PC I can click the help icon,
enter a keyword, and (since I have a helpfile installed) I get a list of
search results at the top of the Excel search window. At the bottom of this
box, I have a smaller area where I can search again. Just above that search
box there is a dropdown- what shows here for you? Mine is set to "Microsoft
Office Online".

If, for example, I change that drop-down box to only search "training" and
search for the Excel keyword "MATCH" I get no results, but I still have the
search box down at the bottom where I can re-select Office Online and get
results.

HTH,
Keith

"René" wrote:

I am not able to get help for any of the VBIDE objects method & properties
from the VBEditor.

I am always getting a "No results found".

Am I missing a ".chm" file on my laptop ?

On a previous Post, I got the following site to refer to.
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/vbe.aspx

Although there are very good information on this site I'd like to have more
than that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks once again Keith.
I do have the same thing in MsExcel.
I am looking for help in the Visual Basic Editor (VBE) 6.5.
I don't have such dropdown box in my VBE.
René

"René" wrote:

I am not able to get help for any of the VBIDE objects method & properties
from the VBEditor.

I am always getting a "No results found".

Am I missing a ".chm" file on my laptop ?

On a previous Post, I got the following site to refer to.
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/vbe.aspx

Although there are very good information on this site I'd like to have more
than that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Finally found a way to get help in VBE.

here are the steps.
1. I press F2 to open the "Object browser"
2. I chose "VBIDE" in the libraries ListBox.
3. I chose one of the classes
4. I clicked the ? (help) button.
5. VoilÃ*

We can close this entry.
Thanks Keith.

vbide greg Excel Programming 1 April 11th 07 09:10 PM
inputbox and helpfile [email protected] Excel Programming 0 April 10th 06 11:55 PM
userform 'helpfile' Pierre via OfficeKB.com[_2_] Excel Programming 2 October 21st 05 11:49 PM
Create a Helpfile within Excel Ligaya Excel Programming 7 December 21st 04 01:55 PM
MyHelp - VBProject.Helpfile Marc Deveaux[_2_] Excel Programming 1 October 7th 04 05:40 PM