Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create a Helpfile within Excel

Hi.

I have not done this and do not know how to go about it.

I have an Excel file with all my vbs and would like to include a
help(instructions to use the macros) by including this in the Excel Menu. Is
there any reference or MS site that I could find to help me through the steps
to create a Help File?

Tanhk you.

Ligaya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, something simple I have done in the past is create an HTML help
file and then launch it from a command button.

Private Sub cmdHelp_Click()
ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=ThisWorkbook.Path &
"\Help\index.htm"
End Sub

HTH--Lonnie M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Lonnie M." wrote:

Hi, something simple I have done in the past is create an HTML help
file and then launch it from a command button.

Private Sub cmdHelp_Click()
ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:=ThisWorkbook.Path &
"\Help\index.htm"
End Sub

HTH--Lonnie M.

Lonnie,

Could I use Front Page or could your recommend a sftware to do htm file.
Word probably is good. How do I include the file with the excel app program
if I want to share it with another user?

Thanks.

Ligaya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ligaya,
Front Page would work great. When you distribute it, zip the excel file
and then add the help file. When it is extracted it will extract the
help file and directory with the excel file.
Regards--Lonnie M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

P.S. Word will work just fine too.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ligaya

You could pop up a UserForm as John Walkenbach demonstrates.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:29:05 -0800, Ligaya
wrote:

Hi.

I have not done this and do not know how to go about it.

I have an Excel file with all my vbs and would like to include a
help(instructions to use the macros) by including this in the Excel Menu. Is
there any reference or MS site that I could find to help me through the steps
to create a Help File?

Tanhk you.

Ligaya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ligaya,

I use the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop for this.

Create a number of HTML pages for each section of help, including hyperlinks
within the pages, and then use the HTML Help Workshop to create a chm file.

You can get the workshop at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/...ndx/appa06.htm

Look up in Google for some tutorials on using the workshop, but here are a
couple
http://www.gary-conroy.com/library/weekly/aa013000a.htm
http://www.io.com/~tcm/etwr2373/plan...lps/Index.html

--

HTH

RP

"Ligaya" wrote in message
Hi.

I have not done this and do not know how to go about it.

I have an Excel file with all my vbs and would like to include a
help(instructions to use the macros) by including this in the Excel Menu.

Is
there any reference or MS site that I could find to help me through the

steps
to create a Help File?

Tanhk you.

Ligaya

5gaya

=

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ligaya" wrote in message
Hi.

I have not done this and do not know how to go about it.

I have an Excel file with all my vbs and would like to include a
help(instructions to use the macros) by including this in the Excel Menu.

Is
there any reference or MS site that I could find to help me through the

steps
to create a Help File?

Tanhk you.

Ligaya

5gaya

=

Thank you everybody. Now I have some directions and not totally clueless.
I'll work on this during the holiday vacation. I'll let you know how
everything went .

Regards to all

Ligaya