Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default The "networkdays" function doesn't work even with helpfile example

my excel help identifies this function, but the actual use of it returns the
?name error.

Furthermore, it does give me the dialogue box for the function to help me
fill in the data, but doesn't show any valid value and errors on completion
of the dialogue box.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You excel help file also says that if you get that #name? error, then you'll
have to install the Analysis toolpak.

(Tools|Addins)

Depending on how excel was installed, you may need the distribution CD.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Furthermore, it does give me the dialogue box for the function to help me
fill in the data, but doesn't show any valid value and errors on completion
of the dialogue box.

In that dialog box, click on "Help on this function". It'll tell you what
the problem is and how to fix it.

Biff

"DavidFromIdaho" wrote in message
my excel help identifies this function, but the actual use of it returns
the
?name error.

Furthermore, it does give me the dialogue box for the function to help me
fill in the data, but doesn't show any valid value and errors on
completion
of the dialogue box.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi David,
Have you installed the Analysis ToolPak?
Go to Tools Add-Ins... and check the Analysis ToolPak box.
Cheers.
--
Ken Hudson