Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel myexcel = new EXCEL.Application()

I keep getting the error message when trying to execute

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application myexcel = new
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application()

In the bigining the error message was

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error:
80070005.

But after reading and implementing some blogs suggestions like
http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2006/03/02/589.aspx

The error changed to

Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID
{00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} from the IClassFactory failed due to
the following error: 8001010a

The application works perfect on my local the problem is on the hosting
server, windows 2003 server ( I have tried to give all the permission to
Network service administrator in DCOMCNFG and excel is installed on the
server too) but I keep on getting this error , from what I noticed every time
this line (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application myexcel = new
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application()

is Executed I see EXCEL.EXE on task manager with the corresponding user
name ,NETWORK SERVICE and then fail to proceed with the error message given
above

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Very much for your replay!
What Do you mean by "reference set to the object model" ? the code workers
perfect in my local!
the problem is in the server

"samsonk" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know why you would get that error, but

&H8001010a translates
The message filter indicated that the application is busy.

and

&H80070005 translates to
Access is denied.

The only thing that comes to mind, and it is a long shot, is that
you're building a single-instance application and you have some Excel
process running in the background.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

"samsonk" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your replay

I agree that the error is saying excel is busy ..But the Question is
why it is busy?, and how can i know what is running in the back
ground?. the thing is in my development computer the application works
perfect. i am thinking it is an issue of some kind of configuration in
server (office excel or firewall or antivirus softwares) a
please any suggestion is appreciated

Thanks you