Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
al al is offline

Default Create a Drop down List on a Form

I have an excel (2003) document which has quite a number of sheets. I would
like to create a form (msg box) which lists all the sheet names (via a drop
down box) for the user to select which sheet they want to view, then open the
sheet when they click on the sheet name. Help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Al
Are the sheets hidden? If they are hidden, you will need VBA to unhide
and select the applicable sheet. If the sheets are not hidden, try this:
Right-click within the sheet navigation arrows located in the left lower
corner of the screen. This will display a list of the sheets in the
workbook. Click on one and it will become the active sheet. If the
displayed list does not include all the sheets, the last item in the list
will be "More sheets". Click on that and you will get a scrollable list of
all the sheets. Post back if you need more. HTH Otto
"Al" wrote in message
I have an excel (2003) document which has quite a number of sheets. I would
like to create a form (msg box) which lists all the sheet names (via a
drop
down box) for the user to select which sheet they want to view, then open
the
sheet when they click on the sheet name. Help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I like Bob Phillips' browsesheets macro.

http://tinyurl.com/yoa3dw

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 08:40:02 -0700, Al wrote:

I have an excel (2003) document which has quite a number of sheets. I would
like to create a form (msg box) which lists all the sheet names (via a drop
down box) for the user to select which sheet they want to view, then open the
sheet when they click on the sheet name. Help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This may do what you want - place code in standard module.

Sub SelectSheet()
If ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count <= 16 Then
application.CommandBars("Workbook Tabs").ShowPopup 500, 225
Else
application.CommandBars("Workbook Tabs").Controls("More
Sheets...").Execute
jb