Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add-In Adding to Help File?

Hi - is there a way to add a new section to the Microsoft Excel help? We
have an Add-In and want the users to be able to bring up help for using it
inside of Excel. Is there a way to merge into that file programatically?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Matthew

The below will take you in the right direction...You can try the below code
to initiate in open event..which will identify the Help Control and add a new
button named "New Help" and assign that to a Macro which exists in the
add-in. Try and feedback

Dim cbMainMenuBar As CommandBar
Dim cbcCutomMenu As CommandBarControl

Set cbMainMenuBar = Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
Set cbcCutomMenu = cbMainMenuBar.Controls("Help")
With cbcCutomMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.Caption = "New Help"
.OnAction = "Macro1"
End With

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Matthew Wieder" wrote:

Hi - is there a way to add a new section to the Microsoft Excel help? We
have an Add-In and want the users to be able to bring up help for using it
inside of Excel. Is there a way to merge into that file programatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jacob - it looks like what you have there is just how to add another help
button to the menu - I want to know how to merge help documentation into the
existing help system so that when my add-in is inside someone's excel
workbook, they can get help on the functionality just like they would any
other Excel function.

"Matthew Wieder" wrote:

Hi - is there a way to add a new section to the Microsoft Excel help? We
have an Add-In and want the users to be able to bring up help for using it
inside of Excel. Is there a way to merge into that file programatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry; I havent tried any of those. Let us wait for another response

PS:Hope you are aware of calling a help topic using Application.Help

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria