Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matthew Wieder[_3_] Matthew Wieder[_3_] is offline

Default Add-In Adding to Help File?

Does anyone know how to do this?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Sorry; I havent tried any of those. Let us wait for another response

PS:Hope you are aware of calling a help topic using Application.Help

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Matthew Wieder" wrote:

Jacob - it looks like what you have there is just how to add another help
button to the menu - I want to know how to merge help documentation into the
existing help system so that when my add-in is inside someone's excel
workbook, they can get help on the functionality just like they would any
other Excel function.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Hi Matthew

The below will take you in the right direction...You can try the below code
to initiate in open event..which will identify the Help Control and add a new
button named "New Help" and assign that to a Macro which exists in the
add-in. Try and feedback

Dim cbMainMenuBar As CommandBar
Dim cbcCutomMenu As CommandBarControl

Set cbMainMenuBar = Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
Set cbcCutomMenu = cbMainMenuBar.Controls("Help")
With cbcCutomMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.Caption = "New Help"
.OnAction = "Macro1"
End With

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Matthew Wieder" wrote:

Hi - is there a way to add a new section to the Microsoft Excel help? We
have an Add-In and want the users to be able to bring up help for using it
inside of Excel. Is there a way to merge into that file programatically?