Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ewt ewt is offline

Default Should be quick and easy to do this in excel but drawing a blank

I have 2 spreadsheets lets say for example one is a master product list with
prices the other is what the individual store carries so it is a subset, but
it has no pricing I would like to automate to fill in the pricing. In
otherwords I would like it to look it up in the master product file then fill
it in in the store file. How would this best be accomplished?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could prb use a VLOOKUP function copied down to bring in the prices. If
you need it to be static, simply do a copy, paste special - values.

If you *really* needed this to be automatic/programmed for some reason,
simply record a macro of you doing said actions. (and modify to make dynamic)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"ewt" wrote:

I have 2 spreadsheets lets say for example one is a master product list with
prices the other is what the individual store carries so it is a subset, but
it has no pricing I would like to automate to fill in the pricing. In
otherwords I would like it to look it up in the master product file then fill
it in in the store file. How would this best be accomplished?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ewt ewt is offline

Default Should be quick and easy to do this in excel but drawing a bla

This did not work, they are in 2 seperate spreadsheets, and the master table
has more value than the individual store tables