Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Financial Week numbers

I am trying to code a British Financial Week Number Function. ie. an
April to March rotation. The Jan to December is quite common but I can
find no reference to the Fiscal week numbers.
Also is it my imagination or has this group had a drastic reduction
of past history. I seldom find any information I search for now days?
Without wanting to upset anyone, it has almost become a "chocolate
saucepan".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Snowfire;498654 Wrote:
I am trying to code a British Financial Week Number Function. ie. an
April to March rotation. The Jan to December is quite common but I can
find no reference to the Fiscal week numbers.
Also is it my imagination or has this group had a drastic reduction
of past history. I seldom find any information I search for now days?
Without wanting to upset anyone, it has almost become a "chocolate
saucepan".

One question first: April 6th is the beginning of the UK financial tax
year. In 2007, the 6th fell on a Friday. On what date did week *::2::*
of the financial year *begin*?

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=137264

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 22 Sep, 20:53, p45cal wrote:
Snowfire;498654 Wrote:

I am trying to code a British Financial Week Number Function. ie. an
April to March rotation. The Jan to December is quite common but I can
find no reference to the Fiscal week numbers.
Also is it my imagination or has this group had a drastic reduction
of past history. I seldom find any information I search for now days?
Without wanting to upset anyone, it has almost become a "chocolate
saucepan".

One question first: April 6th is the beginning of the UK financial tax
year. In 2007, the 6th fell on a Friday. On what date did week *::2::*
of the financial year *begin*?

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558
View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=137264

Thanks for the reply..... looking at old diaries I think it must have
been the 16th April...... I will confirm when I get back to work
tomorrow.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try this

Function WeekNumber(thisdate As Date) As Long
Dim startdate As Date
startdate = DateSerial(Year(thisdate), 4, 4)
If startdate = thisdate Then
startdate = DateSerial(Year(thisdate) - 1, 4, 4)
End If

WeekNumber = Int((thisdate - startdate - 1) / 7) + 1

End Function

"Snowfire" wrote:

I am trying to code a British Financial Week Number Function. ie. an
April to March rotation. The Jan to December is quite common but I can
find no reference to the Fiscal week numbers.
Also is it my imagination or has this group had a drastic reduction
of past history. I seldom find any information I search for now days?
Without wanting to upset anyone, it has almost become a "chocolate
saucepan".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Snowfire;499025 Wrote:
On 22 Sep, 20:53, p45cal wrote:
Snowfire;498654 Wrote:

[...]

p45cal's Profile:'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: p45cal'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558)
View this thread:'Financial Week numbers - The Code Cage Forums'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=137264)

Thanks for the reply..... looking at old diaries I think it must have
been the 16th April...... I will confirm when I get back to work
tomorrow.

So if Monday 16th April 2007 is the beginning of week 2, then
Monday 9th April is the beginning of week 1, so what is the week number
of Friday the 6th, and of Saturday the 7th?

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=137264

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you both for the input....... Patrick, yours works for me
great!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Snowfire;501087 Wrote:
Thank you both for the input....... Patrick, yours works for me
great!

Well I'm glad you're not my financial adviser..:h?