Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Prevent user to unhide Formula Bar

Hola,

I'm trying to write code to prevent user to UNHIDE the Formula Bar. The
following command actually hides it:

Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False

but the user still can go to View menu and check the Formula Bar back.

I want it to hide it and prevent the user to unhide it as long as the
workbook is open.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
OMER

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do your users **need** to have access to the Ribbon (that is, is any access
they need provided by your code, a userform, etc.)? If not, we can remove
that as well...

Sub HideRibbonAndFormula()
ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",False)"
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
End Sub

Sub ShowRibbonAndFormula()
ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",True)"
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True
End Sub

I gave you a "show ribbon" macro so you can turn it back on again.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)