Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Prevent user from using Name

I am wondering if there is a way to prevent a user from typing in an
Employee's name.

example..

On the left there is a list for Request offs.
On the near right, there is a list of DAY employees with their times.
On the far right, there is also a list, but of NIGHT employees with their
times.

If a user types JEFF in the Request off section, and his name is listed in
the DAY employees section, I want to highlight his name to notify the user
that this Employee has been scheduled when they are not supposed to work.

Is there a way? Also, the list of DAY and NIGHT enployees are used with a
Drop Down menu. Since I know some formulas don't work well when another
formula is used.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I want to highlight his name

At which location? The DAY employees list or the cell where a user enters
that name?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Matlock" wrote in message
I am wondering if there is a way to prevent a user from typing in an
Employee's name.

example..

On the left there is a list for Request offs.
On the near right, there is a list of DAY employees with their times.
On the far right, there is also a list, but of NIGHT employees with their
times.

If a user types JEFF in the Request off section, and his name is listed in
the DAY employees section, I want to highlight his name to notify the user
that this Employee has been scheduled when they are not supposed to work.

Is there a way? Also, the list of DAY and NIGHT enployees are used with a
Drop Down menu. Since I know some formulas don't work well when another
formula is used.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The left cell, which you enter that person's name.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok...

Assume the DAY employees list is in the range C1:C10.

Cell A1 is where a user enters some name.

Select cell A1
Goto FormatConditional Fomatting
Formula Is: =MATCH(A1,C$1:C$10,0)
Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Matlock" wrote in message
The left cell, which you enter that person's name.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, that worked exactly like I had hoped.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP