annonymous

Default Prevent unhide of rows/columns w/out worksheet protection?

Hello,
I want to have one row and two columns hidden in a worksheet. The thing is,
i dont want the user to be able to unhide them. Using worksheet protection
isn't suitable for the use of this particular worksheet. Is there some vba
that will prevent the user from unhiding them?
Thank you :)

Dave Peterson

If it's really sensitive data, then the user could disable macros and even
unprotect the worksheet (if you chose to use that).

Excel isn't really meant for this kind of security.

If it's not sensitive, you could just rehide those columns/rows whenever the
user changed selection (but they would be able to see it if they really wanted).

--

Dave Peterson
Don S

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:35:13 -0800, "annonymous"
wrote:

Hello,
I want to have one row and two columns hidden in a worksheet. The thing is,
i dont want the user to be able to unhide them. Using worksheet protection
isn't suitable for the use of this particular worksheet. Is there some vba
that will prevent the user from unhiding them?
Thank you :)

An option would be to move the hidden columns to a separate protected
workbook and link to it.

Don S