Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ISAM

I am trying to export one cell of data into an Access table. I keep getting
this error:

Can not find installable ISAM

Here is the line of code in question:

cn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " _
& "DataSource=S:\MalLab\MAL_DB.mdb;"

I have tried re-registering the dll file and checked the registry to make
sure the file location is correct and ran the Repair option for Microsoft
Office but I still get the error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try next?

Thanks in advance,

MikeS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

..... & "DataSource=S: ....
Data Source is two words, you need to add a space
..... & "Data Source=S: ....

"MikeS" wrote:

I am trying to export one cell of data into an Access table. I keep getting
this error:

Can not find installable ISAM

Here is the line of code in question:

cn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " _
& "DataSource=S:\MalLab\MAL_DB.mdb;"

I have tried re-registering the dll file and checked the registry to make
sure the file location is correct and ran the Repair option for Microsoft
Office but I still get the error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try next?

Thanks in advance,

MikeS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Patrick,

I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression. I didn't see your reply until
after I sent my followup. The reason for my question was, I posted this
yesterday and didn't see a response this morning and wasn't sure if this was
an Excel issue or an Access issue.

Anyway, I corrected the syntax issue but it still gives me the same error.
Any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike