Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help!!Could not find installable ISAM

Hi there,
I built a program that opens an excel file and does some compuations
and then outputs the results in a different excel file(log file).
Originally i have built this for my own use at work, but others I wor
with want to use it to. It works perfect for me when I am running of
of my localdrive, but when I move it over to the network drive it give
me the error "Could not find installable ISAM". I am wondering if thi
has any effect on moving it to the network drive. I have modified th
path's to look for the "\\-servername\folders- .
Below is my Connecting string
<pre
strCn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=" & App.Path & "\Test.xls;" & _
"Extended Properties=Excel 8.0"
Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
cn.Open strCn

'Open new values.
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
</pre

Does anybody have any ideas? I am using Visual Basic 6.0, and Exce
'97

also,
I am looking to compile this as an installable, will using App.Pat
give me problems? I will not be saving the excel files in th
installed directory - they are on network drive

Thanks

oober

--
oober