Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ODBC Excel Driver Login Failed. Could not find installable ISAM

I'm not sure if this is a Outlook question or an Excel question but please
read on and let me know if I post this message in the wrong group.

I use Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Excel 2003 (both are part of
Microsoft Office 2003) with the Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. I wanted
to export the current Contacts from Outlook onto an Excel spreadsheet and I
clicked on "File"; then "Import and Export"; then "Export to a file"; then
"Next"; then "Select the file to export from" which I clicked "Contacts",
then "Save exported files as", which I "Browse" to locate the appropriate
file to save as, followed by "Next" and "Export to a file", then clicked
"Finish". The exporting was done in a few seconds but when I opened the file
on Excel, it only showed the various categories such as "Title, First Name,
Middle Name, etc." on the first row and nothing else. Did I miss something?
Also, previously I did the exact same thing step-by-step but I got the above
error message and the explanation was "An ODBC eror has occured in the
Microsoft Excel translator while opening a file to build a field map.
(Microsoft){ODBC Driver Manager} Data source name not found and no default
driver specified."

All these are very foreign to me. I need someone to explain to me what I did
wrong and guide me to find a "Hot Fix" for this error. Please help. Thank
you very, very much. Have a wonderful weekend.