Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JH JH is offline

Default can not find installable ISAM

Hi,
I have an Excel macro with an ADO query accessing an Access database
table, before I set a database password on it, everything works fine.
After I set a database password and added the password to my code.

as follow:
stConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" _
& "Data Source=" & stDB & ";" & "Properties(Jet OLEDB:Database
Password)='password'"

I am now getting an run time error "Can not find installable ISAM."

Can someone please help?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the code you posted taken verbatim from your macro? If so, is the database
password REALLY password ?? If not, you should have the actual password
between the single quotes.

Here's the example from Access ADO Help, which uses a connection object, but
maybe it will help. Note that a user ID is supplied in addition to a password.
Could that be the problem?

Set Cnxn2 = New ADODB.Connection
Cnxn2.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
Cnxn2.Open "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Samples\northwind.mdb", _
"MyUserID", "MyPassword"