Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Digital certificates

Hi Papou,
thank you so much, it worked fine now!
I've tried this before but it never worked, but when installing the
certificate
in the "TRUSTED PEOPLE" folder, it became valid. I previously tried the
"Trusted Root" folder, believing that the higher it came in the security tree
the more trusted it were, but obviously Excel doesn't check this one. Nor is
the default folder working
for certifying imported files.
If the solution is so simple, why is there no information about this from
Microsoft!!!
This could have saved me years of hazzle distributing files within the
workgroup.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!
Mats

"papou" wrote:

Hello
You don't mention the Excel version.
But anyway, provided the security level is set to only allow "signed" macros
(with a certificate), and this on all machines :
1- Attach a personnal certificate to your workbook
2 - Send your workbook to your users
3 - When they first open the workbook, after choosing "view the certificate"
or "view details", they will have the choice to install the attached
certificate, once done, they will be able to allow all macros from this
certicate, once and for all.
Please check with your Excel Version as I can't say precisely for older
versions than 2003, and also because I have a French version.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Mats Samson" a écrit dans le message
de news: ...
We have a Excel project used only within our small company.
From time to time I make some changes/improvements to the program and
distribute a new version to the workgroup. Everytime they receive a new
version
we have to go from PC to PC and install their own personal certificate to
the workbook, otherwise the macros are blocked.
Isn't their really any workaround to the security issues than buying an
very
expensive certificate from a Certificate Authority? We are 8 people using
the
program so the cost for getting rid of the stupid hazzle seems far out of
proportion.

Can anyone help please!?!?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mats
I'm glad it helped.
I've been using this option for a while, and, as you said, the solution is
sometimes very simple.

"Mats Samson" a écrit dans le
message
de news:
We have a Excel project used only within our small company.
From time to time I make some changes/improvements to the program and