Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default About the need for digital certificates

Hello,
I have a mainly VBA Excel/Word app I am commercially going to market and
distribute. Can anyone tell me if digital certificates for the macros are
necessary or simply advisable to assure authenticity and avoid the irksome
macro pop-up query? Or is there any other way to achieve the same? Was
thinking I saw that if you put the macros in the XLStartup folder or somesuch
it would give the macros a pass. Does anyone know if something like that is
possible/ workable and appropriate vs inappropriate (eg infringing on
client's security)?
Thanks, God bless

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Save and distribute as an Add-in

These are exempt from macro security.

If for commercial use you may think about creating a com add-in in VB6

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CreatingCOMAddIn.aspx

See bottom of the page for links to other tips.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP