Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What is the best Way of update distributed modules?!

Hello,

OK, I've created this very nice application and ready to distribute it for
my company. Now the boss wants changes. The changes are causing me a
headache because I have code and data in the workbook.

Bad design. So I am taking out the data and putting it in Access.

Question
Now, I am thinking what happens when he changes his mind on the program
logic. How will I update the distributed worksheets with the new code?

I thinking of creating a setup.xlxs that will update the old modules with
the new module. Not quite sure what that entails. I could also put the code
in an .xla and have the setup.xls add in the new code and remove the old.

I'd like to hear some ideas from those with more Excel Programming
experience on how they update the code in modules once they have distributed
their application.

Thanks,

Tony