Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Justify distributed?

Does anyone know what this does? I have been fiddling about trying to work
it out but can't see any difference between on and off.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It distributes the words in your cell so they fill the entire cell. The
first word will be left justified, the last word will be right justified,
and the words in between will have the same amount of space between them.

Out of curiosity, what happened when you tried this feature? Does it not
work in your version of Excel?

Regards,
Fred.

"Highland Cow" <Highland wrote in message
Does anyone know what this does? I have been fiddling about trying to
work
it out but can't see any difference between on and off.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the info Fred. The distributed alone fills the top line of text,
fully justifying the text. If the second line only has one word it centres
it, 2 words or more and it fills the cell, fully justifying the text and same
for any other lines of text. When I tick the Justify Distributed box it stays
exactly the same. Is this wrong?

Thanks

"Fred Smith" wrote:

It distributes the words in your cell so they fill the entire cell. The
first word will be left justified, the last word will be right justified,
and the words in between will have the same amount of space between them.

Out of curiosity, what happened when you tried this feature? Does it not
work in your version of Excel?

Regards,
Fred.

"Highland Cow" <Highland wrote in message
Does anyone know what this does? I have been fiddling about trying to
work
it out but can't see any difference between on and off.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You've got me. Your post is very difficult to follow. What is "distributed
alone"? In "it stays exactly the same", what is "it"?

Finally, you ask "Is this wrong?". That's up to you. If it's not doing what
you want, then tell us what you've done, what results to got, and what you
wanted instead.

Regards,
Fred.