Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Highlight a cell and a message box

is there a way to highlight this cell as well and ask the user for how much
they would like to discount?
' Formats the Discount Percentage
.Range("H1").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "0.00%"

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Selecting the cell doesn't "highlight" it enough for you? If not, then you
need to tell us what or how your want the highlight to look. As for asking
the user for the discount amount, you can use an InputBox. For example,
perhaps like this...

..Range("H1").Value = InputBox("Discount amount?")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Heather" wrote in message
is there a way to highlight this cell as well and ask the user for how
much
they would like to discount?
' Formats the Discount Percentage
.Range("H1").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "0.00%"

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Explain what you are looking for when you say "highlighting the cell"...
exactly what do you have in mind here?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Heather" wrote in message
is there a way to highlight this cell as well and ask the user for how
much
they would like to discount?
' Formats the Discount Percentage
.Range("H1").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "0.00%"

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rick, thank you for helping : I would like to format the cell [H1] so
that it's yellow with a percentage in it that can be multiplied by the values
in the rest of the worksheet

so for example
Input box asks what the discount is: They type in 10, but for some reason
it's then returning 1000% and I am hoping it'll place a 10% in there and the
background show up in Yellow

"Heather" wrote in message
is there a way to highlight this cell as well and ask the user for how
much
they would like to discount?
' Formats the Discount Percentage
.Range("H1").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "0.00%"

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First off, you are putting the value 10 into the cell *first* and then
telling Excel to make that into a percentage... 10, as a percentage is
1000%. If your users will be typing in the actual percentage number, then
you will need to divide it by 100 to make it a correct value. You will have
to build the appropriate controlling code around this, but here is how to
ask for the percentage, insert it into the cell and then color the cell
yellow...

Range("H1").Value = InputBox("What percentage") / 100
Range("H1").NumberFormat = "0.00%"
Range("H1").Interior.ColorIndex = 6

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)