Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to disable " Send To " menu choice from the file menu

hi,

I am on Excel 2003. I have an issue where certain users are emailing
confidential excel spreadsheets to out side entities. I have a
question.

Can I programmatically disable the " Send To " menu choice from the
file menu?

Thanks

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dave -
sorry, i don't know the answer to your question. but assuming
somebody else does, what's to stop a user from attaching the
spreadsheet to outlook express or some other email program & mailing
it that way?
excel's unreliability as a secure program is well known on this
newsgroup. just search the archives & you will find plenty of posts
that state excel shouldn't be used for highly confidental material as
it cannot be made secure from determined hackers. emailing
spreadsheets out would not be an excel program issue but an internal
security issue.
susan

On Aug 24, 12:52*pm, Dave wrote:
hi,

I am on Excel 2003. I have an issue where certain users are emailing
confidential excel spreadsheets to out side entities. I *have a
question.

*Can I programmatically disable the *" Send To " menu choice from the
file menu?

*Thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 24, 12:52*pm, Dave wrote:

hi,

I am on Excel 2003. I have an issue where certain users are emailing
confidential excel spreadsheets to out side entities. I *have a
question.

*Can I programmatically disable the *" Send To " menu choice from the
file menu?

*Thanks

Dave- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Susan, I know that they can easily use another program to send
the spreadsheet out, but what I was trying to do would deter the lazy
users, who worry me the most.

Thanks for your feedback!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See