Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave[_11_] Dave[_11_] is offline

Default How to disable " Send To " menu choice from the file menu

On Aug 24, 1:37*pm, Susan wrote:
dave -
sorry, i don't know the answer to your question. *but assuming
somebody else does, what's to stop a user from attaching the
spreadsheet to outlook express or some other email program & mailing
it that way?
excel's unreliability as a secure program is well known on this
newsgroup. *just search the archives & you will find plenty of posts
that state excel shouldn't be used for highly confidental material as
it cannot be made secure from determined hackers. *emailing
spreadsheets out would not be an excel program issue but an internal
security issue.
susan

On Aug 24, 12:52*pm, Dave wrote:

hi,

I am on Excel 2003. I have an issue where certain users are emailing
confidential excel spreadsheets to out side entities. I *have a
question.

*Can I programmatically disable the *" Send To " menu choice from the
file menu?

*Thanks

Dave- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Susan, I know that they can easily use another program to send
the spreadsheet out, but what I was trying to do would deter the lazy
users, who worry me the most.

Thanks for your feedback!