Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Determine if specific text is in a cell

I have a worksheet that I would like to add a macro too.
I would like to look at cell, lets say "P2" and check to see if "Grade A"
is in the text. if true then enter the value "Yes" in cell Z2. I will then
copy/paste this lookup down in the z column. I know how to do the final piece
but not sure how to check a cell if certain text is within text of the cell.
This is what I have ,know this probably is incorrect.

With
Range=IF("P2"="*Grade A*" Then
Range Z2="Yes"
Else Not
Range Z2=""
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not totally sure what you are trying to do...

try the worksheet change function and then test target.value for the text
you want

Regards

Anthony

"Jen_T" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that I would like to add a macro too.
I would like to look at cell, lets say "P2" and check to see if "Grade A"
is in the text. if true then enter the value "Yes" in cell Z2. I will then
copy/paste this lookup down in the z column. I know how to do the final
piece
but not sure how to check a cell if certain text is within text of the
cell.
This is what I have ,know this probably is incorrect.

With
Range=IF("P2"="*Grade A*" Then
Range Z2="Yes"
Else Not
Range Z2=""
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 13:06:01 -0700, Jen_T
wrote:

I have a worksheet that I would like to add a macro too.
I would like to look at cell, lets say "P2" and check to see if "Grade A"
is in the text. if true then enter the value "Yes" in cell Z2. I will then
copy/paste this lookup down in the z column. I know how to do the final piece
but not sure how to check a cell if certain text is within text of the cell.
This is what I have ,know this probably is incorrect.

With
Range=IF("P2"="*Grade A*" Then
Range Z2="Yes"
Else Not
Range Z2=""
End With

Try this macro:

Sub Jen_T()
With ActiveSheet
If InStr(Cells(2, "P"), "Grade A") Then
.Cells(2, "Z") = "Yes"
Else
.Cells(2, "Z") = ""
End If
End With
End Sub

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

This should do it:

Sub aaa()
Dim LastCell As Range
Dim cell As Range
Set LastCell = Range("P" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)
For Each cell In Range("P2", LastCell).Cells
If cell.Value Like "*Grade A*" Then
cell.Offset(0, 10) = "Yes"
Else
cell.Offset(0, 10) = ""
End If
Next

Per

"Jen_T" skrev i meddelelsen
I have a worksheet that I would like to add a macro too.
I would like to look at cell, lets say "P2" and check to see if "Grade A"
is in the text. if true then enter the value "Yes" in cell Z2. I will then
copy/paste this lookup down in the z column. I know how to do the final
piece
but not sure how to check a cell if certain text is within text of the
cell.
This is what I have ,know this probably is incorrect.

With
Range=IF("P2"="*Grade A*" Then
Range Z2="Yes"
Else Not
Range Z2=""
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this

Dim InString
Dim SearchString
InString = "Grade A"
SearchString = Range("P2").Text
If InStr(1, SearchString, InString, vbTextCompare) 0 Then
Range("Z2") = "Yes"
Else
Range("Z2") = ""
End If

"Jen_T" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I would like to add a macro too.
I would like to look at cell, lets say "P2" and check to see if "Grade A"
is in the text. if true then enter the value "Yes" in cell Z2. I will then
copy/paste this lookup down in the z column. I know how to do the final piece
but not sure how to check a cell if certain text is within text of the cell.
This is what I have ,know this probably is incorrect.

With
Range=IF("P2"="*Grade A*" Then
Range Z2="Yes"
Else Not
Range Z2=""
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
If I may ask an additional question, similar to the previous, how would I
write the code for the following:
Objective: I am looking to see if a cell value is equal to "0" if so,
remove, if not leave current text in that cell.

This is what I have for code so far:
Subttt()
Dim LastCell As Range
Dim cell As Range
Set LastCell = Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)
For Each cell In Range("F2", LastCell).Cells
If cell.Value Like #0# Then
cell.Offset(0, 0) = ""
Else
cell.Offset(0, 0) = "F2"
End If
Next
End Sub

"Jen_T" skrev i meddelelsen
I have a worksheet that I would like to add a macro too.
I would like to look at cell, lets say "P2" and check to see if "Grade A"
is in the text. if true then enter the value "Yes" in cell Z2. I will then
copy/paste this lookup down in the z column. I know how to do the final
piece
but not sure how to check a cell if certain text is within text of the
cell.
This is what I have ,know this probably is incorrect.

With
Range=IF("P2"="*Grade A*" Then
Range Z2="Yes"
Else Not
Range Z2=""
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try this:

Sub ttt()
Dim LastCell As Range
Dim cell As Range
Set LastCell = Range("F" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)
For Each cell In Range("F2", LastCell).Cells
If cell.Value = 0 Then
cell = ""
End If
Next