Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to determine the value within specific cell position?

I would like to retrieve specific cell based on the row() and column() numbers.

For example, if cell B5 contains text "Apple", which cell's position is
row()=1 and column()=2, so I would like to return the value into cell A1
based on the row and column number.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the value within
specific cell position?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For example, if cell B5 contains text "Apple", which cell's position is
row()=5 and column()=2, so I would like to return the value into cell A1
based on the row and column number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you know any excel function will return specific cell's value based on row
and column's positions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

"Don Guillett" wrote:

=b1

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Eric" wrote in message
I would like to retrieve specific cell based on the row() and column()
numbers.

For example, if cell B5 contains text "Apple", which cell's position is
row()=1 and column()=2, so I would like to return the value into cell A1
based on the row and column number.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the value within
specific cell position?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Eric" wrote in message
For example, if cell B5 contains text "Apple", which cell's position is
row()=5 and column()=2, so I would like to return the value into cell A1
based on the row and column number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=B5