Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy a cell value to an open outlook template

Hi all,

I have an existing code that does a whole bunch of other stuff, then goes to
a specific cell and copies that cell's value and then opens an Outlook
Template .oft. I would like to know if there is some code that will then
paste that held value into the body of the open .oft document. I can just do
a CTRL-V to paste it manually but would like this whole process to automate
if possible.

Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("A2").Select
Selection.Copy

target = """G:\my file pathway\Check.oft"""
Shell "cmd /cStart """" " & target

I want to put the paste command here but am at a loss as to how to proceed.

Any help would be really appreciated. I've only recently started using
these discussion groups and I've learned more in a couple of weeks than in
the past few years... Thanks!!

Tracey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tracey,

Check out the section on email on Ron de Bruin's site at
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thks Alan, but unfortunately I cannot get to Ron's site as I have limited
internet access at work. I don't really want to have go home and pick
sections of code out and then wait to apply them the next morning and hope
they work.

I was hoping that somebody may be able to help me with the code directly.
Guess I'll just have muddle to and fro between work and home.

Tracey