Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Open files with String prefix

Hi All......

Present problem is, how can I open all the files in the default directory
that have a specific string as the prefix (ie: abcdefg) so that I may
extract data from them? I do not know how many files there will be, and
the directory will have other files in it that I do not wish to open.

Any guidance would be much appreciated,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chuck

I have a filter option for file names and sheets in this add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"clr" wrote in message ...
Hi All......

Present problem is, how can I open all the files in the default directory
that have a specific string as the prefix (ie: abcdefg) so that I may
extract data from them? I do not know how many files there will be, and
the directory will have other files in it that I do not wish to open.

Any guidance would be much appreciated,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks Ron.........it looks really terrific, but I can't use an add-in in
this case. I just need a little code to step through the default directory
and open the files I want.......sans that, then to step through a special
directory and open all the files, one at a time.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"clr" wrote in message
Hi All......

Present problem is, how can I open all the files in the default directory
that have a specific string as the prefix (ie: abcdefg) so that I may
extract data from them? I do not know how many files there will be, and
the directory will have other files in it that I do not wish to open.

Any guidance would be much appreciated,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi clr

I am ver busy this week
I try to past a code example at the end of the week or in the weekend

--

"clr" wrote in message
Hi All......

Present problem is, how can I open all the files in the default directory
that have a specific string as the prefix (ie: abcdefg) so that I may
extract data from them? I do not know how many files there will be, and
the directory will have other files in it that I do not wish to open.

Any guidance would be much appreciated,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chuck

Start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

And use this to use the files that start with "week"
FilesInPath = Dir(MyPath & "week*.xl*")

--

"clr" wrote in message
Hi All......

Present problem is, how can I open all the files in the default
directory that have a specific string as the prefix (ie: abcdefg) so
that I may extract data from them? I do not know how many files there
will be, and the directory will have other files in it that I do not
wish to open.

Any guidance would be much appreciated,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Hi Ron......

Thanks for getting back to me on this.........I just got in from grocery
shopping and am ready to crash, but printed out your response.....all 15
pages...WOW, there ought to be some thing in there that will do it for

Many thanks,