Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Open files with String prefix

Hi clr

I am ver busy this week
I try to past a code example at the end of the week or in the weekend

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"clr" wrote in message ...
Thanks Ron.........it looks really terrific, but I can't use an add-in in
this case. I just need a little code to step through the default directory
and open the files I want.......sans that, then to step through a special
directory and open all the files, one at a time.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi Chuck

I have a filter option for file names and sheets in this add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"clr" wrote in message
Hi All......

Present problem is, how can I open all the files in the default directory
that have a specific string as the prefix (ie: abcdefg) so that I may
extract data from them? I do not know how many files there will be, and
the directory will have other files in it that I do not wish to open.

Any guidance would be much appreciated,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3