Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HOW TO GET OVER WITH THIS ANNOYING LINKED FILES MSG BOX WHEN I OPEN FILES WHICH HAS LINKS

DEAR ALL
I have put the code in VB --Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False--.
Now annoying thing is the message to update the links doest come but
this annoying windows showing the linked files props up. Since I have
four to five persons sheet linked, i have to click cancel four times.
How to handle this pls in VB on worksheet open code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HOW TO GET OVER WITH THIS ANNOYING LINKED FILES MSG BOX WHEN I OP

Workbooks.Open ("MyWorkbook.xls"), False
'Should do the trick.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:

DEAR ALL
I have put the code in VB --Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False--.
Now annoying thing is the message to update the links doest come but
this annoying windows showing the linked files props up. Since I have
four to five persons sheet linked, i have to click cancel four times.
How to handle this pls in VB on worksheet open code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:
DEAR ALL
I have put the code in VB --Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False--.
Now annoying thing is the message to update the links doest come but
this annoying windows showing the linked files props up. Since I have
four to five persons sheet linked, i have to click cancel four times.
How to handle this pls in VB on worksheet open code.

Thanks Jim, I presume that i have to do this for all the four files
for which the message box window opens - is it right?? I did copy the
sheet from one file to the other and removed all the links by checking
-find-. Went thro the define names and in number custom format and
removed all the linked names. So pls tell me --if i hv no more links
why does it still show the linked files names or the message itself??
How to clear this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try an Add-In by Bill Manville called FindLink.xla

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Mike F
"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
oups.com...

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:
DEAR ALL
I have put the code in VB --Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False--.
Now annoying thing is the message to update the links doest come but
this annoying windows showing the linked files props up. Since I have
four to five persons sheet linked, i have to click cancel four times.
How to handle this pls in VB on worksheet open code.

Thanks Jim, I presume that i have to do this for all the four files
for which the message box window opens - is it right?? I did copy the
sheet from one file to the other and removed all the links by checking
-find-. Went thro the define names and in number custom format and
removed all the linked names. So pls tell me --if i hv no more links
why does it still show the linked files names or the message itself??
How to clear this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:
DEAR ALL
I have put the code in VB --Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False--.
Now annoying thing is the message to update the links doest come but
this annoying windows showing the linked files props up. Since I have
four to five persons sheet linked, i have to click cancel four times.
How to handle this pls in VB on worksheet open code.

Thanks Jim, I presume that i have to do this for all the four files
for which the message box window opens - is it right?? I did copy the
sheet from one file to the other and removed all the links by checking
-find-. Went thro the define names and in number custom format and
removed all the linked names. So pls tell me --if i hv no more links
why does it still show the linked files names or the message itself??
How to clear this

THANK YOU MIKE. I hv checked out the site and downloaded the required
and once again thanks bcos i picked some more like excel utilities exe.