Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default HOW TO GET OVER WITH THIS ANNOYING LINKED FILES MSG BOX WHEN I OP

Try an Add-In by Bill Manville called FindLink.xla

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Mike F
"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 8, 5:16 am, Jim Jackson
wrote:
Workbooks.Open ("MyWorkbook.xls"), False
'Should do the trick.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:
DEAR ALL
I have put the code in VB --Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False--.
Now annoying thing is the message to update the links doest come but
this annoying windows showing the linked files props up. Since I have
four to five persons sheet linked, i have to click cancel four times.
How to handle this pls in VB on worksheet open code.

Thanks Jim, I presume that i have to do this for all the four files
for which the message box window opens - is it right?? I did copy the
sheet from one file to the other and removed all the links by checking
-find-. Went thro the define names and in number custom format and
removed all the linked names. So pls tell me --if i hv no more links
why does it still show the linked files names or the message itself??
How to clear this