Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default letter inside radio buttons (option button)

I have a worksheet filled with option buttons that represent answer
inputs for test questions (looks like a standardized test scantron).
Looks something like this (parenthesis are the little circles):
( ) A ( ) B ( ) C

My users are asking that we somehow put the letters inside the radio
buttons as they sometimes confuse which letter choice goes to the
right radio button. Only problem is that the label box that comes
along with the form control option button is not movable and any
objects I try and put inside the radio button go behind it and cannot
be seen.

If anyone out there knows a good way to do this I would greatly
appreciate some ideas! Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

my only suggestion is to create an arrow for the label:

o <-A o <-B

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"dgold82" wrote in message
I have a worksheet filled with option buttons that represent answer
inputs for test questions (looks like a standardized test scantron).
Looks something like this (parenthesis are the little circles):
( ) A ( ) B ( ) C

My users are asking that we somehow put the letters inside the radio
buttons as they sometimes confuse which letter choice goes to the
right radio button. Only problem is that the label box that comes
along with the form control option button is not movable and any
objects I try and put inside the radio button go behind it and cannot
be seen.

If anyone out there knows a good way to do this I would greatly
appreciate some ideas! Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Gary. I suggested that to a couple people here at our company, but our
users really want the letter in the radio button.

After pouring hours of research and searching with google, I think that this
is impossible. What I am doing now that is helping a bit is spacing my radio
buttons further apart so it is easier to make out. Thanks for the suggestion
though.

"dgold82" wrote in message
I have a worksheet filled with option buttons that represent answer
inputs for test questions (looks like a standardized test scantron).
Looks something like this (parenthesis are the little circles):
( ) A ( ) B ( ) C

My users are asking that we somehow put the letters inside the radio
buttons as they sometimes confuse which letter choice goes to the
right radio button. Only problem is that the label box that comes
along with the form control option button is not movable and any
objects I try and put inside the radio button go behind it and cannot
be seen.

If anyone out there knows a good way to do this I would greatly
appreciate some ideas! Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps more horizontal space between choices,
or vertical options, one per line.
()A
()B
()C

Or quit pandering to the pansies and explain that finding which circle goes
with each choice is part of the test.

Mike F