Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susan

Default Radio or option button

I would like to add radio or option buttons to a spreadsheet. The options
for them would be Yes, No, and NA for several questions. I can't get the
selection in one question to stay after I select an answer in the following
question. I think it has to do with grouping the buttons, but I can't find
anything in "help" on how to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

If you used the optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, then draw a GroupBox
around each pair of optionbuttons. (The groupbox is also on the Forms toolbar.)

If you used optionbuttons from the Control toolbox toolbar, then right click on
each and change the groupname. Use a unique groupname for each group of
optionbuttons.

(The default groupname is the sheet name--that's why they're all grouped
together.)

Is this for something like a survey?

Maybe this from Debra Dalgleish would help:
http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susan

I have tried changing the group name for each set of option buttons following
the directions om "help" under the GroupName Property Example as follows:

Sub CNMPFollowup_Initialize()
OptionButton1.GroupName = "Yellowstone"
OptionButton2.GroupName = "Yellowstone"
OptionButton3.GroupName = "Yellowstone"

OptionButton4.GroupName = "Yosemite-Group2"
OptionButton5.GroupName = "Yosemite-Group2"
OptionButton6.GroupName = "Yosemite-Group2"

OptionButton7.GroupName = "Brice Canyon-Group3"
OptionButton8.GroupName = "Brice Canyon-Group3"
OptionButton9.GroupName = "Brice Canyon-Group3"
End Sub

I still don't get the results I'm wanting. Am I doing something wrong? The
form is a follow-up to prescribed farm practices and we're trying to some
feedback of the results.

Thanks for your help.

Susan wrote:

I would like to add radio or option buttons to a spreadsheet. The options
for them would be Yes, No, and NA for several questions. I can't get the
selection in one question to stay after I select an answer in the following
question. I think it has to do with grouping the buttons, but I can't find
anything in "help" on how to do this.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susan

Dave,

I did some more looking around at my option button properties and found
GroupName shown as Sheet 1. I know now that this is where I needed to change
the Group name, not in Visual Basic. I don't know what the code I put in is
supposed to do.

Thanks for your help.

Susan wrote:

I would like to add radio or option buttons to a spreadsheet. The options
for them would be Yes, No, and NA for several questions. I can't get the
selection in one question to stay after I select an answer in the following
question. I think it has to do with grouping the buttons, but I can't find
anything in "help" on how to do this.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

It uniquely identifies each group of optionbuttons.

So if those groupnames got changed, you should be able to select an option
button in each group without changing the other groups.