Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default export certain cells from excel to word

Hi All, I am trying to export certain detail from excel to word on a click of
a button from excel, Here is my code. I know I am missing something, Can you
please guide my way thought this.

Private Sub Export_Click()

Dim objWord As Object 'Word Object
Dim strTemplateName As String 'Template name
Dim strPathTemplateName As String 'Path & Template
Dim sWdFileName As String

Set doc = objWord.Documents.Open(sWdFileName)

strTemplateName = "TestTemplate.dot"

strPathTemplateName = "C:\My Documents" & strTemplateName

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

With objWord

.ActiveDocument.bookmarks("Address").Range = Sheet2.Range("B4").Value
.ActiveDocument.bookmarks("City").Range = Sheet2.Range("B5").Value
.ActiveDocument.bookmarks("State").Range = Sheet2.Range("B6").Value
.ActiveDocument.bookmarks("Zip").Range = Sheet2.Range("B7").Value

End With
objWord.Visible = True

Set objDoc = Nothing
Set objWord = Nothing
End Sub

Thanks in Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here's how I do it. This code goes in Excel:
Sub PushToWord()

Dim objWord As New Word.Application
Dim doc As Word.Document
Dim bkmk As Word.Bookmark
sWdFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , , , False)
Set doc = objWord.Documents.Open(sWdFileName)

objWord.activedocument.variables("BrokerFirstName" ).Value =
Range("FirstName").Value
objWord.activedocument.variables("BrokerLastName") .Value =
Range("LastName").Value

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update

objWord.Visible = True

End Sub

Set your named ranges in Excel (FirstName and LastName, in this example).
Make sure you set a reference to Word, in Excel. Tools References MS
Word. Now in Word, Insert Field DocVariable and variable name must match
your named ranges in Excel (FirstName and LastName, in this example). Now,
run your code from Excel.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"sam" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Hey ryan, Thanks for your help. I am getting a type missmatch error in my
code.
I selected the word reference in Tools--- References
I renamed my references in word and excel to "Address"
Can you please try and find whats wrong with my code, or if anything that I
am missing:

Private Sub Export_Click()

Dim objWord As New Word.Application
Dim doc As Word.Document
Dim bkmk As Word.Bookmark
sWdFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(, , , , False)
Set doc = objWord.Documents.Open(sWdFileName)

With objWord

.ActiveDocument.variables("Address").Value = Range("Address").Value

End With
objWord.Visible = True

Set objDoc = Nothing
Set objWord = Nothing