Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default New using macros

A coworker sent me an excel spreasheet (with 5 different files), he created a
macro to select information from the main page (1) and displayed in the last
page, he called for sanity check, however when I tried to run it in my
computer and after activating the macros, turned off excel and opened again
with the macros enabled......It disapeared, I can not find it anywhere, any
sugestion???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Click on File and you should see the last 4 files that you opened and worked
on. Also, I suppose you can check your email inbox, right.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"lite" wrote:

A coworker sent me an excel spreasheet (with 5 different files), he created a
macro to select information from the main page (1) and displayed in the last
page, he called for sanity check, however when I tried to run it in my
computer and after activating the macros, turned off excel and opened again
with the macros enabled......It disapeared, I can not find it anywhere, any
sugestion???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What version of excel are you using?

Did you enable the macros before opening the file?
What did you do to enable macros? ie. What option did you select?
When you open the file, check if the macros are there. Press Alt/F11 to open
the VBA editor.
On the left of the page you should have the project explorer displayed with
the list of modules including Microsoft Excel objects with lower level Sheet
names and possibly one called Modules with lower level modules.

If you can't see the Project explorer just described then press Ctrl/r to
display it.

If Modules is there then it can be expanded by clicking the + beside it.
Double click the bottom level ones to see if there is any code.

If modules not displayed then double click each of the sheet name ones under
Microsoft Excel Objects to see if there is any code there.

Failing that get back to the person who sent you the workbook.

OssieMac

"lite" wrote:

A coworker sent me an excel spreasheet (with 5 different files), he created a
macro to select information from the main page (1) and displayed in the last
page, he called for sanity check, however when I tried to run it in my
computer and after activating the macros, turned off excel and opened again
with the macros enabled......It disapeared, I can not find it anywhere, any
sugestion???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm using excel 2007. Yesterday when I openned it was there, but it couldn't
run it because macros was disabled, then I went to Developer and unabled it,
closed excel and reopened and it just dissapeared.