Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Default Macros in Personal.xls that would create two toolbars and buttons

Hi Brian -

Here is one option:

From WinXP,
Start All Programs Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Tools Microsoft
Office [2003] Save My Settings Wizard.

This saves all of your settings, toolbars, etc. for all of your MSOffice
programs in a single ".OPS" file that you can archive anywhere. To restore
them, use the same Wizard and browse to your saved ".OPS" file.
--
Jay

"Brian Day" wrote:

3-29-2007

MVP's

I've had classes in VBA, but am a dunce on this problem. I've used Excel
for many years. I have two toolbars, and button stuk in the Standard and
Formatting Toolbars(they can be moved to simplify this).

Workbooks and Formatting2: Workbooks has about a dozen or more macro
buttons which will open workbooks/spreadsheets I use often.
Workbooks.Open Filename: opens each one; ChDir is part of some, but not
all. Occasionally the Path statement changes for the location of each
Workbook, I change that in my macro sheet with Edit|Replace.

The Formatting2 toolbar has many in-the-box shortcuts from
Tools|Customize, and some macro buttons for formatting I've created and
use frequently

When I reload XP I reload Office & Excel. I have to go through a
frustratingly long process of reassigning macros to each button on the
toolbars. It takes many times of 'reassignment' before Excel11.xlb has
been correctly 're-educated' I use the same macro sheet and Excel11.xlb
each time. I keep them backed up frequently.

Excel11.xlb is in Documents/Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Excel,
not in XLSTART. A shortcut to my macro sheet is in Office/Office11/XLStart

Are there macros/or a reg file that I can write that would let me
recreate the toolbars, buttons, macro assignments, and button image
locations whenever I reload Office/Excel I store my macro button images
in the same folder(the drive might change...)? I spend hours
re-setting-up Excel. I would appreciate any help, some sample code and
instructions.

I'm sure this can be done. Excel is so versatile.

I know I'm doing things things the wrong way.

Thank You Very Much For Your Help