Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command/Menu bar & assigned macros

Hi

I've created a menu bar with custom buttons and assigned macros to the
buttons.
It works fine on my personal computer but when I copy the file to
colleagues and they open it, the menu bar fails to work; the buttons
don't appear to retain the assigned macros.
A custom form "Menu" that has buttons with macros assigned works OK.

Is there a way that the command bar/menu bar can be programmed to open
only with a specified workbook?
How can the I solve the problem of the assigned macros on the command
bar buttons when the file is copied/sent to another computer?

The code I have for loading the command bar and opening the custom
form is as below.
".....
Application.CommandBars("XYZ").Visible = True
Menu.Show
End Sub"

Any help would be gratefully received.

Ritchi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ritchi,

You can check the security settings on their computer for a quick check. If
their setting are on high your code can not run.

The workbook, opened on another computer, must contain all of the code
necessary to do everything you are trying to accomplish. Check and see if
some of the code resides in the modules located on your computer and is not
located in the file.

Alan

oups.com...