Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Detect #N/A or number

Hi all

I need to be able to detect whether a cell contains #N/A or alternatively a
number

If Cells(I - 1, HighestPColumnnumber).Number Then . . .

--
Thanks in anticipation

Peter Simonotti-Bircher

SA MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
Tel : +27 31 266 9422
Cell : +27 83 233 1628 - Peter
+27 82 555 1192 - Marcelline
Email:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assume Range A1:B15

The Function to calculate number of cells containing all types of errors:
€¢ {=SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:B15),1))}

The Function to calculate number of cells containing error type #N/A:
€¢ {=SUM(IF(ISNA(A1:B15),1))}

HTH,
Ryan--

--
Ryan---

"Peter Bircher" wrote:

Hi all

I need to be able to detect whether a cell contains #N/A or alternatively a
number

If Cells(I - 1, HighestPColumnnumber).Number Then . . .

--
Thanks in anticipation

Peter Simonotti-Bircher

SA MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
Tel : +27 31 266 9422
Cell : +27 83 233 1628 - Peter
+27 82 555 1192 - Marcelline
Email:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Peter,

Not sure if I understand your question properly or if ryguy has provided the
answer you are looking for because I get the feeling you are looking for a
VBA answer. However, thought I would post the following example to see if it
helps.

Note that a space and underscore at the end of a line is a line break in an
otherwise single line of code.

Dim i As Long

For i = 1 To 10
If IsNumeric(Cells(i, 2)) Then
MsgBox "Cell " & Cells(i, 2) _
.Address & "= " & Cells(i, 2).Value
Else
If WorksheetFunction.IsNA(Cells(i, 2)) Then
MsgBox "Cell " & Cells(i, 2) _
.Address & "= #N/A"
Else
MsgBox "Cell " & Cells(i, 2) _