Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Learning VBA - Resources & Stories

Hello All,

I am teaching myself VBA and I am looking for ideas & resources on how I can
propel my learning. I have two books:

1. Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA
2. Excel Programming by Visual Publishing

I find that while these books are decent, there seems to be much they do not
tough on. When I write a line there are many options for auto complete that I
have no idea what they are for. Also, there are many ways of writing code I
have come across on the forums that are simply not covered in the books.

I am looking for stories on how you may have learned. Did you take a class?
Did you read books? Did someone you know teach you?

I am also looking for recommendations on resources for VBa. I think there
are better books out there, but i am hesitant to order another one from
Amazon, or even go to the book store.

Than ks for any comments you may have.

pete K
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just posted this late in the day, yesterday...

Welcome to the wonderful world of VBA. Here are a few more resources which
will inevitably prove useful over time:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...php?t=envbadac
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
http://www.andypope.info/charts.htm
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html

When all else fails, of course you have this very same discussion forum!

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"petedacook" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ryan!

"petedacook" wrote:

[...]

how to add two stories in pie chart in excel ndprabhakaran Charts and Charting in Excel 1 August 12th 07 12:48 PM
Today() Now() and other stories!!!! Cobbcouk Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 July 25th 06 07:29 PM
Learning VBA Neal Excel Programming 2 May 25th 06 06:45 PM
Learning VBA [email protected] Excel Programming 3 March 9th 06 04:42 AM