Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Today() Now() and other stories!!!!

Hi,

I am trying to write a formula that will return a value of "Yes"; if
the date in cell E1 for arguments sake, is less than 18 years ago.
Conversely, if the date is more than 18 years ago it needs to return
"no".

Hope y'all can help?

Regards

Cobbcouk
Cobbcouk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32143
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564779

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Would this work for you?

=if((year(today())-year(e1))<18,"Yes","No")

Hope that helps

Regards

Carl

Cobbcouk Wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to write a formula that will return a value of "Yes"; if
the date in cell E1 for arguments sake, is less than 18 years ago.
Conversely, if the date is more than 18 years ago it needs to return
"no".

Hope y'all can help?

Regards

mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34352
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564779

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

see attach document

|Filename: Book1.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5095 |

jetted
jetted's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17532
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564779

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI,
The formula works for the year but not the day! I deal with a lot of
students and I need a formula to update as they turn 18. I was fooling
around with the same idea i.e. Year(Today().

Regards

Cobbcouk
Cobbcouk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32143
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564779

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure if this is exactly hat you want but seems to work as a work
around on mine!!!

=IF(((TODAY()-E1)/6574.5)1,"No","Yes")

The 6574.5 being 18 multiplied by 365 1/4 days to get the correct
number f days?

Any better?

Carl

--
mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34352
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564779

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe this will work for age 18, replace 'x' with your cell reference to
the age.

=IF(DATE(YEAR(x)+18, MONTH(x), DAY(x)) < TODAY(), "Old Enough", "Too Young")

You avoid worrying about leap years by piecing the date together from
components.

"Cobbcouk" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to write a formula that will return a value of "Yes"; if
the date in cell E1 for arguments sake, is less than 18 years ago.
Conversely, if the date is more than 18 years ago it needs to return
"no".

Hope y'all can help?

Regards

Cobbcouk