Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default distribution of Excel Addin - errors

Hi,
i wrote an addin for excel 2003/2007. it work well on my computer.

when i copy the xla file to onother computer, i get errors on functions like
LCase, UCase.

i have .NET studio 2005 installed on my machine.
The other has framework 2 and 3.5.

do i have to add any ref declaration or module reference on functions call?

any idea?

thank you in advance,
gadyc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On the other machine, goto the VBIDE (Alt-F11). Goto menu ToolReferences.
You will likely see an item in that list with MISSING in the caption.
Uncheck that/those options and you should be good to go.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"GadyC" wrote in message
i wrote an addin for excel 2003/2007. it work well on my computer.

when i copy the xla file to onother computer, i get errors on functions
like
LCase, UCase.

i have .NET studio 2005 installed on my machine.
The other has framework 2 and 3.5.

do i have to add any ref declaration or module reference on functions
call?

any idea?

thank you in advance,
gadyc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to add to Bob's response...

I'd look for those MISSING references on a troublesome computer. Then determine
if they're required or not.

If they're not required, then I'd uncheck them from my original workbook project
(on my pc) and redistribute the addin without those references.

If they are required, you're going to have to find out why the troublesome pc's
don't have them.

GadyC wrote:

Hi,
i wrote an addin for excel 2003/2007. it work well on my computer.

when i copy the xla file to onother computer, i get errors on functions like
LCase, UCase.

i have .NET studio 2005 installed on my machine.
The other has framework 2 and 3.5.

do i have to add any ref declaration or module reference on functions call?

any idea?

thank you in advance,
gadyc

--