Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default [Ask] Triangle Distribution and Latin Hypercube Sampling

Could anyone help to describe how to create macros for Triangle
Distribution and Latin Hypercube Sampling?

Any answer would be helpful.

thx and rgds,

Sukab
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lets answer the 2nd question 1st.

the are tables for Latin Hypercube Sampling depending on the size of your
arrays. I don't think you want a macro to create your own arrays orthogonal
table). If you are doinhg sampling get a book with the standard tables and
enter the table into an excel spreadsheet. I macro can then use the standard
table.

(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_hypercube_sampling)

Now the 1st question, Triangle Distribution.

(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_distribution)

Which results are you looking for? what is the formula you are using?

I assume you have data which you collected. Is the data actually g=giving
you triangular results. Or is this just a class asignment to plot triangule
results?

If it is a class asignment you need to pas into the a UDF function the 3
corners of the triangle and a point along one side of the triangle. The PDF
results would be the height of the triagle for the point provided.

function TrianglePDF(AX,AY,BX,BY,CX,CY,X,Y)

End function

what