Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sampling

I am trying to find a formula in EXCEL that I can use to extract a specific
line of information form one worksheet to another.

Here's my problem: I am give 16,000 lines of information to select a random
1% sampling from. A Random Number generator is used to deternime which lines
are to be sampled. Rather then scrolling down to review each line, I am
trying to use a formula on a second worksheet that will extract the
information from the original worksheet by entering the line number to be
reviewed.

ex. enter "109" in cell H1 on sheet2
result = Sheet1!109:109 from (A1:G1) on Sheet2
enter "204" in cell H2 on Sheet2
result = Sheet1!204:204 from (A2:G2) on Sheet2

Thanks in advance,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

snickerbart wrote:
I am trying to find a formula in EXCEL that I can use to extract a specific
line of information form one worksheet to another.

Here's my problem: I am give 16,000 lines of information to select a random
1% sampling from. A Random Number generator is used to deternime which lines
are to be sampled. Rather then scrolling down to review each line, I am
trying to use a formula on a second worksheet that will extract the
information from the original worksheet by entering the line number to be
reviewed.

ex. enter "109" in cell H1 on sheet2
result = Sheet1!109:109 from (A1:G1) on Sheet2
enter "204" in cell H2 on Sheet2
result = Sheet1!204:204 from (A2:G2) on Sheet2

Thanks in advance,

Put the following in A1:G160

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!R"&$H1&"C"&COLUMN(),FALSE)